So, uptil just recently, I totally forgot and neglected my WordPress blog. That wasn’t very nice of me. That’s really rude of me actually. Just by happenstance I came across it again and was like “Whoa! This is like…ancient and stuff!” (done of course in my best Bill & Ted impression.) There have been so many changes in my life since I last tried to keep this thing going that it’s insane. I am going to try and start recounting them in the *hopeful* frequent blog posts I’ll be putting up soon.
The problem I have (and I do this with a lot of things in my life) is I will find the motivation to do it for like a short amount of time and then I lose it. Blogging, my various works of writing, different sports, video games, working out, etc. Come to think of it, the only thing that I put my towards achieving and seeing to completion is getting my wife’s hand in marriage.
But seeing this blog being left unattended to makes me want to get back on track with so many things. Such as:
– Running 12 5ks, 3 10ks, 2 half-marathons, and a marathon over the span of 2 years.
– Completing the comic book scripts I’ve been tinkering with for years
– Finishing the screen play that has been in my head in some form for about a decade now
– Play in sports leagues year round (kickball/softball/soccer/basketball/flag football would all fit that bill)
– Complete my Master’s in Criminology and begin working on my second Master’s in the form of a MBA or possibly even continue onwards for my Doctorate in a Social Science of some kind.
– Get down to my ideal weight of 215 lbs
– Travel to Europe, specifically Italy and the U.K. Like I can’t explain how badly I want to go to these places!
– Contribute volunteer hours to causes I am passionate about, such as the Alzehimer’s Foundation and Big Brother, Big Sister.
– And more TBD.
Yet the only way I am even going to achieve this, let alone just one of these cools, I need to get off my arse and get to busting my hump! There is a world out there where all of my goals can be achieved and its up to me to step up and find it!
Life’s biggest journeys all started with just a single step.
Keepin’ it geeky,